Sharing the magic of the
underwater world with all!
The International Association for Handicapped Divers (IAHD) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to sharing the magic of the underwater world with as many people as possible by offering adaptive scuba training.
IAHD Divers Have Overcome:
• Emotional/Social/Trust Issues
• Movement Disorders
• Birth Defects
• Spinal Injuries
IAHD Divers Receive:
• Safe and effective training conducted by credentialed experts in adaptive scuba; participants who successfully complete the programs become certified divers
• An unmatched opportunity to set aside burdens and limitations using the freedom and adventure of scuba’s aquatic environment
• Discovery of new places, new personal achievements, and new friends sharing the dive experience
• Membership in an international network of adaptive scuba buddies, instructors and training centers
• Access to extensive resources for dive & trip planning at accessible resorts, dive operators, manufacturers of specialized equipment and facilities
Training for handicapped individuals is FREE. Classes run year-round, taught in heated indoor pools. Students learn from expert, IAHD certified instructors who love to share the magic of scuba in a nurturing, non-competitive environment. All the required equipment is provided at no cost! Training for support divers, family members and private instruction can also be arranged.
IAHD-Americas was established to bring the IAHD message and mission to the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean. Based at the Academy of Deeper Education center in Harleysville, PA, the IAHD-Americas dive training facility is within one day’s drive of over 100 million people. In-house and on-site training programs are conducted year-round for dive centers, instructors and resorts throughout the territory.